Friday, September 9, 2016

How Many Pages Can You Get Out of a Kit? - Tallying Up the Pages!

So I've pretty much killed the Scrapbook Circle August kit.  I have no 12 x12 papers or even strips that are 12 inches in length.  No larger chunks of paper that could be used for photo layering, no cut-a-parts left.  I do have a few of the white puffy heart stickers, one of the leather badge embellishments and a good portion of chipboard alphas and seven completed pages! 

You can see more from this kit on previous posts, but here's the last three. 


I did use some plain white cardstock as a page background and a piece of older Basic Grey (even though I cleaned out a substantial amount of papers before we moved, I saved a stack of Basic Grey "antiqued" or mottled solid color papers because they make great backgrounds--I use them as though they were solid color cardstocks). 


And I did use some alternate alpha stickers for some titles, as well as some wood veneer pieces, a doily or two, a small sticker or tab, and vellum for layering.  I also made use of the stencil provided in the kit and paints, sprays and colored pencil.  (Loved getting a stencil with a great all-over pattern like this wonky triangle!). 

Oh, and I totally scrap-lifted a page idea from the Scrapbook Circle blog. 


Now, not having a working sewing machine did stop me from stitching all along these cut strips, and I did add the cut-a-part words from the provided strip of them; but the overall design---a straight scrap-lift!  I appreciate having creative and straightforward page ideas to peruse and the Scrapbook Circle blog does a great job! 

The September kit that is on its way to me is totally different in both color and in design.  I can't wait to get a hold of this next one!  Another good sign of a good kit club.  You finish everything off, and are feeling done and over it...and w.h.a.t.?  You glimpse the next coming kit and can't wait to get it! 

Seven pages done with the August Scrapbook Circle kit.  Hoping to get the new kit later in the coming week, fingers crossed! 

Nine pages done with the June Gossamer Blue kit.  The Gossamer Blue September kit looks divine as well and their add-ons are really hard for me to pass over this month--but I am not testing those, so am forcing myself to not look at them!! The unfortunate thing is that both Gossamer Blue and Scrapbook Circle have included the very same sticker sheet in their September kits.  H-mmmm, may have to start a give-away stack. 

Here's how the clubs stack up so far:

Scraptastic                   Kit #1    9 pages          Kit #2:  4 pages
Studio Calico               Kit #1    5 pages          Kit #2:  4 pages
Gossamer Blue            Kit #1    9 pages
Scrapbook Circle         Kit #1    7 pages

More to come!  Yippee!  More to come! 
Cheryl
 


No comments:

Post a Comment