Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Hip Kit Layout -- I'm A Pepper

My daughter and son-in-law made a long weekend of it when she had to travel recently to Texas (a frequent trip for her).  One of the day trips they made was to Waco where they took in a museum at the old Dr. Pepper bottling plant.  (She does love Dr. Pepper!)  Anyway, I was happy to make a page for her! 


Everything except the alpha came from the January Hip Kit. I mixed a bit of  peach and pink spray mists with my texture paste before applying it to a plain 12x12 white piece of cardstock.  Once the texture paste was dry, I just laid down a few different widths of rectangular strips.  Slid the photo into place and tucked a couple of die cuts behind it.   


I used one of the wood veneers pieces at the lower right corner of the photo and tucked in another die cut that had just the right saying on it (and it fit in there just perfectly!). 


I often add a few small cut pieces of papers to repeat the colors or patterns and draw the eye in.  Although now I am thinking I may just go back to this one and add a few staples....


The only thing I went outside of the kit for was the alpha set.  I used a multi colored set from my stash that I just felt coordinated better with the colors in the photo. 


I added some loose outlining, black paint splatters, and my journaling and that, as they say,is all she wrote!  (I know, truly a bad pun...) 


Over all, even though I've struggled with this kit, I am happy with how this page turned out.  I think I've struggled with the kit, just because most of my photos just don't seem to go very well with the papers.  I'll maybe put the kit aside and once the weather begins to warm up a bit, perhaps some nice spring-y photos will work better.  Or, who knows I may stumble across just the right pack of pictures (that does happen, ya know?). 

best to all,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment