Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Kit Comparison - My Personal Decision Making Process

OK, settled in with a cuppa something good to sip?  Here we go. 

For purposes of comparison, I am not counting plain cardstock used for a page base or for punching or making die cuts. 


Scrapbook Circle
This is a kit club I was totally unaware of until I heard mention of them on one of the facebook groups I belong to.  So I hopped on over to their website and took a look see at past kits they had offered, looked back through their blog and then checked out their facebook group.  Really loved the kit  that was currently being offered and jumped on it. 

It was really unlike many other kit clubs in that it was not all froth and pastel.  And I have grandsons to scrap for folks,  pastel and frothy goodness is nice, but doesn't bode well for football, wrestling, soccer and super heroes!!  I need a little bit of earthy goodness, a touch or two of bright primary color, you get the idea. 

Papers 
I received eight - ten patterned papers in each kit, sometimes a specialty paper such as a corrugated sheet, no solid color cardstock (which is fine for me--I have a ton of cardstock in my stash).  Papers were well coordinated without being too matchy-matchy (a difficult task sometimes). 

Embellishments
 Each kit contained two whole packs of embellishments such as die cuts, leather patches, chipboard, as well as partial packs of some items, such as a partial pack of sequins. Also included in each kit was an exclusive acrylic word or phrase and a separate assortment of small acrylic stars, hearts, etc.   Some kits contained a sheet of stickers, some did not.  Again, the items chosen for each kit were well coordinated with the patterns/theme of the papers.    Some goodies such as fibers or sequins came packaged in tiny decorative gift bags (which I gladly also used on my layouts). 

Alphabets

Some kits contained two choices of alphabets, usually Thickers or puffy alphas and a small typeset sheet that was a part of a larger sticker sheet.  Some kits contained a Thickers set that was words/phrases instead of an alphabet set; one kit contained an awesome mirror set of words, plus a sticker sheet with phrases and tiny alpha.  Truly all easily workable on my pages. 

General
Kits arrived on time, no shipping damage.  Their facebook group seemed at first a little odd to me in that not a lot of subscribers were posting, although more folks seem to be sharing their work now.  Their blog has awesome, useful ideas, created by some very supportive designers. 

Any questions you may pose are quickly answered and any issues seem to be easily and quickly acted on. 

I was really happy with their kit content, the variety between the kits (meaning not every kit looked too overly similar to every other kit).  In fact, happy enough that I stayed on with them for four month I think rather than just the two month kit trial I set for myself. 

The club has only a two-month membership requirement in order to have discounted membership available. 

My favorite page from one of the Scrapbook Circle kits I received...


The only additions from my stash were the gold alpha (My and Girl) and several big snowflakes punched from plain white cardstock.  (The pink-ish puffy sticker circles I think were from a prior Scrapbook Circle kit).

If you want a club that offers a variety in style and feel, includes a few more patterned papers than some (keep in mind you do not receive solid cardstock sheets -- which for me is fine)  and a comfortable quantity of embellishment and titling options, then this club would be a grand choice!  

Coming up:  Citrus Twist

best,
Cheryl 


No comments:

Post a Comment