Sunday, September 25, 2016

Kit Clubs and Reclaiming My Scrappy Mojo!

Somewhere along the way, not quite sure how, I neglected to post this layout...  And I do like this page, so I am happy to be able to share it now; especially since after having been away for a week, I had a difficult time getting my scrappy thing going again.   



Finding this page really made me think about that, how being away from scrapping for even as little as a week, made producing a page I was actually happy with, kind of troublesome. 

Oh, after we got back I got right back to scrapping... I had ordered a set of Prima Oil Crayons and I was in a hurry to play with them.  But, after putting together three different layouts, and then taking said layouts back apart again, I came to the conclusion I should switch gears.  So I opened up the kit from Scrapbook Circle that I had received right before we left and set about making some pages. 

Working straight from the kit made my transition back to scrapping go so-o-o-o-o-o much smoother!  I felt relieved of the pressure to "be creative" and just sliced, punched, and glued my way to my happy scrappy place.   Now, rest assured I will get back to playing with those crayons, but when confronted with a bit of a break in the scrapping mojo, working with the tried and true seemed like a better choice (for me anyway).  And it worked! 

Now, for details on the "found" page!  Papers are from the June Gossamer Blue kit.  The adds from outside the kit are the Thickers, the flair badge, the little diagonal striped banner, and a scrap of vellum.  Instead of layering up the photo, I placed several patterned papers vertically over a couple of horizontal banner.  This created a sort of L-shape and a nice little corner for my title.  After I fussy cut the clouds from one of the papers, and did some outlining, I was done!  

As I have said before, I was really very happy with the Gossamer Blue kit and was looking forward to my second kit (their September kit).  Ah-h-h-h, but I procrastinated too long and they sold out.   So this is the last of the Gossamer Blue layouts, at least until their October offering is available.  Since I have to wait a few more weeks for a second Gossamer Blue kit, I'll work with my September Scrapbook Circle kit and then skip around and move on to Citrus Twist for a bit.  Nice to have scrappy options! 

Thank you kit clubs...for making helping me reclaim my scrapping mojo!! And thank you kit clubs for options, always nice to have options.    

best to all
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment