Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy 21st --- A Boy Page!

Oh Boy  (silly pun intended) I had been waiting for my March Gossamer Blue kit to get this photo scrapped.  My eldest grandson turned 21!  His mom and his uncle took a little road trip to his college town to take him out on the town on his special day!  (Thank you to Uncle Matthew for taking the photo!)  I just knew when I saw the sneaks that the papers in this kit were going to work out perfectly for my (one and only) photo of this most important occasion.   


After cutting the two larger printed panels, I used one of the branding strips and sliced another strip of the navy/white dotted paper and layered those at the left edge of the page and over the seam between the two larger panels.  Curling up the edges of the paper strips provides some needed texture, without adding yet more pattern. 


I used lots of layers under the photo, but only allowed teeny slivers of color to peek out. because I just felt that with all that pattern going on---well I didn't want it to get too busy.  The photo got popped way up (I stuck a thick slice of cardboard under it) and tucked in a couple few little stickers (one of which had my journaling on). 



Two little sunburst stickers were the perfect color and size for the lower right corner, leading into the journaling sticker. 


The kit contained a wonderful Thickers phrase set which supplied the happy and the stars---but I did use some additional letters from my stash for the 21st.  Loved how the white popped against the background! 


So, a "guys" type birthday page!  A fun, happy page to make which went together really quickly.  Gotta love that too. 


Tip #1; use large panels of large, bold prints rather than relying on embellishments and coordinate at least one of the colors in those prints to your focal point (in my case, it was the navy blue in grandson's shirt).  Tip #2; use starbursts or thought bubbles, bold type print, and bold embellishments sparingly (as in the use of several stars here and the happy 21st. 

Happy 21st Jacob!  Nana loves you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment