Friday, December 2, 2016

Citrus Twist Update - Layout #4!

Whew!  Actually managed to make a page using papers from my November kit, not just snippets and strips!  These papers, the wood veneer hearts, plus the white and black word stickers are a match made in heaven selection. 



It's not a happy subject, but everything we scrap about isn't always cupcakes and roses!!  The page is about moving out of state and away from my kids and grandkids.  The journaling is personal so I've hidden it on a card behind the photo (the "hello" is a pull tab to view the card). 



I was really pleased with the combination of light and dark pattern papers and then using the light and dark journaling word stickers from the kit.  



Also used a cellophane bag and a crumpled piece of patterned aper behind the photo for some lift and
then tucked in some pieces of ephemera from Crate Paper's Cest a la Vie collection, as well as the journaling card and tab.  I loved the accents of gold from the Crate Paper ephemera! 



I also used plenty of the wood veneer hearts, as well as the last couple cork painted hearts from the kit!  Along with one of the wood veneer hearts, I used a piece of one of the cork stickers and one of the cut-a-part words, a strip of paper and small punched strip for the cluster at the bottom of the page. 

The title letters are from an older Thickers pack (one I think I picked up at Tuesday Morning over a year ago!). 

Added some outlining in both black and white inks and this one was done. 

Moving away was one of the hardest things I've done.  But I am glad to have the opportunity to scrap it for the future....  It's our life. 

Scrap your life, the best and the not-so-best.  It'll be important to someone down the road! 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment