Saturday, December 3, 2016

Challenge Pages -- A Great Way to Crash Your Stash!

I love challenge pages!  I don't participate in each and every one I see...  it depends on timing, supplies at hand, having the right photo...  But I highly recommend watching the challenges presented on various FB groups... it's another way to motivate yourself to dig into older supplies and use them!


This particular challenge (from Mercy Tiara's  27 Day Challenge FB group) required those playing along to use a striped paper, a dotted paper, and banners.  So I pulled a photo that was in the pile on my desk and set about finding some papers that fit the requirements and suited the photo. 

While the page is certainly not what I was originally planning on (I have a bunch of school themed papers from Foof-a-la, remember them?) that I adore and really wanted to use, but they didn't go so well with all the various colors the girls were wearing--they seemed to be fighting each other--the colors, not the girls LOL! 



This darker cranberry color seems to work only because I kept the page fairly monochromatic and used the color almost as though it were a neutral. 



The challenge was fun, it enabled (forced) me to look outside the box to choose papers, and another photo is scrapped that other wise would have languished on my desk while I mucked about for just the "perfect" papers.  Love it!!! 



Join in on a challenge, it's fun and you get something DONE! 

best,
Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment