Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Citrus Twist - A Travel Page!

When I thought of Citrus Twist kits, I must confess I always thought of them as being very feminine in nature. 

But lookie, lookie.  This map paper made the perfect backdrop for one of my grandson's photos from Hawaii.  He was quite taken with the Pearl Harbor memorial and site.  Said he could have spent all day there.  I want to do his memory of this justice, and give these photos the importance that he does.  And since he only took like 30 photos on a trip to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii...Each precious photo will get it's very own page.   He thought that 30 photos was a lot... hello, have you ever met your grandmother... you know the scrapbooker?!  Sigh. 


The layout is pretty simplistic.  I used a few of the ephemera pieces, as well as a piece of a branding strip, and yeah I pulled a couple of scrap pieces from my stash to layer the photo on.  The map paper came to mind, in part because of the blue-sy colors, but really because of the wall of names of those lost.  They came from all over this United States, hence the map paper.  


The tabs were from the cut-a-part sheet, the star in a circle was cut from a scrap of Heidi Swapp paper...I thought the star appropriate given its kind of military vibe and becuase it went with the star shape enamel dots I scattered amidst the navy ink spatters


A super simple page, a not so simple subject. 


I didn't want to soup up a page with this sort of subject matter..I want it to be straightforward, dignified, yet not plain. 

This works for me... I hope my grandson likes it too. 

Cheryl 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this page is Perfect!!
    I do love the splatters you added.

    ReplyDelete