Friday, September 30, 2016

Does Your Kit Club Make Quick and Easy Pages?

I love me a quick and easy page to put together!  I am equally happy to get messy with paints and gesso and texture paste...but I really do love to be able to trim up some papers, glue them down, add a title and move on.  There's something about adding another page to the "done" stack that is so satisfying! 

And this latest kit from Scrapbook Circle is so feeding that urge of mine to pile up the "done" pages!  They've made it so darn easy to do this month!  Everything looks so cute together all I truly did was use two strips of patterned papers down the right side of the page and layer up some cut pieces of patterned papers behind the photo.  OK, I did tuck in a few extra little things.  



Like the punched hearts, the banner (cut from a border on one of the papers and trimmed into a banner) and the pink and yellow floral sticker peeking out the left side of the photo layers.  And even though I hate the white halo around stickers, by placing this floral sticker directly against the white cardstock background, the white halo disappears.


I also found a place for one of the three bow paperclips (aren't they just too sweet?) and one of the tab stickers. Along the edge of the page where the patterned paper strips are, I also added several punched strips, just to add some texture and some more detail.  Punching the pieces from white cardstock kept the extra pieces from being too busy and distracting yet added some needed detail. 


The hearts are all punched out of another strip of that pretty pastel stripe; used some on this page and even though I am not much of a sticker person...I do have a penchant for word stickers and this "Hello" sticker was perfect for, well can you say easy - peasy titles?!  I can!  I am always on the look out for a way to make titles quick and easy, plus I love that look of using two different fonts. 

I was also able to get the floral tabbed paper clip put to good use on this page and, AND, the pink enamel dots were the perfect finishing touch!


Ahhhhh, I am so loving this. 


I trimmed down the page and placed it on a yellow-gold pattern paper, added my journaling  and put 'er on the done pile!

An easy-peasy page is always a good thing.  Does your kit club give you this?  Every page does not necessarily need to be this easy, but it sure is nice to get a quick scrappy fix now and again!

best!
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment