Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Scrapping with Limited Supplies, but Scrapping Just the Same

We are here, at Dad's till the house is up.  That means we have the bare minimum of clothing, tools, toiletries, and most importantly (LOL) scrapping supplies! 

I packed my rolling tote and shoulder bag as if I was going to an extended crop.  (Look for more on how I pack in a later post.)  Now that we are kind of settled, it was time to break out the scrapping supplies!  Makes me a MUCH happier person to scrap, and blog and facebook.... 


The only "mixed media" I brought in my tote was watercolors, so I am mostly gonna be working with paper.  And that's fine with me, I love paper! 

Still working from stash stuff.  This page used a mix of Heidi Swapp No Limits papers and Echo Park's For the Record 2.  Embellishments are both cut and punched from the papers, plus a few stickers from Crate Paper's Open Road, as well as For the Record 2 .  Splattered on a little blue watercolor and called it done. 

What I really want to talk about... are the choices of the papers.  When all you are working with is paper; not a lot of ready-made embellishments, not a lot of punches on hand, my Big Shot is packed, the Cricut is packed, and I did not bring along a bunch of mists, gesso, texture paste or stencils...  it makes the choice of papers that much more important. 

For me, it's all about color then.  I focused on the colors in my Jackson's shirt and that red on the soles of his sandals.  Then I think it's a fun technique to add a small doses of a third color NOT represented in the photo.  This grabs your attention and directs the eye.  In this case, I used a mustard-y yellow.  See it?  It's only in three places, but that's enough.  Any more and it will over power the page and that's all you would notice. 

Photos are of my Jackson boy enjoying a Dairy Queen treat one afternoon while his mommy was helping sort out our garden (before we put the house on the market last year).   No big story, just photos  I love. 

Glad top get back to scrapping (and blogging!). 

best!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment