Thursday, May 14, 2015

Scrapping with Limited Supplies - Using Pieces and Parts

Working from a page kit does not necessarily mean everything I package together makes it onto the page. It does mean making good use of what you have, though.  Sometimes not a lot makes it onto the page!! 


In this case, the only pieces and parts that wound up on the page, were just that,,,pieces and parts.  I had envisioned a watercolor background---um no, didn't like that so much.  So I snatched a piece from a pad of paper that I was not likely to use and turned it over to use the clean white side. 

The bits and pieces that I did use?  See that tiny bit of gold thin stripe..yep that's one piece.  Then right under that is a small blue patterned paper, and there is the multi-patterned vertical strip.  That's pretty much it.  The green map paper with "Top Ten" imprinted on it was a 4x6 cut apart in the No Limits paper pad I brought along.  The grid at the top and bottom of the page was from the piece that I cut the arrows out of (on yesterday's posted page).  And since I liked the "Top Ten" map cut apart, I used a similar paper at the top of the layout--also from the Heidi Swapp No Limits pad. 

You see, what I did after packing up page kits...was to also pack a couple of paper pads and packs.  One with a definite travel feel (also very masculine), one that is very birthday, party feeling, and another that is very general--but it has a variety of types of patterns--grids, small florals, vintage.  All the paper pads had several cut apart sheets in them---the Heidi Swapp on in particular has great words---making it very usable for titles -- like on this page!   

The thinking was that even if I did not use the page kit as packed...I could dip into the paper pads and I did!  Used the backside of a paper that I thought I would not likely use--just for the clean white unprinted side.  And that grid paper; it came from the pad.  The repeated the use of the green-ish map paper?  From the pad. 

Other layering pieces were a leftover piece of another map paper and then vellum and acetate embellishments from one of the few packs I brought along (Boys Rule - Crate Paper).

The alpha stickers are Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type and Basic Grey (I think it was the Printery? or something like that).  The alphas I chose to bring along also had to serve multiple themes--masculine, travel and a couple of feminine... Again, the rule being, a select few that are specific and several that are very general (the Tiny Type for example).

So, look for more about how you can pack up your stuff--not bring along the kitchen sink, and still make pages you are happy with. 

scrappin' on,
Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment