Thursday, February 19, 2015

Challenge Layout #5 - Craft Time at Nana's

So I had eight pieces of patterned paper in the Burlap and Bouquets collection pack and I am up to five pages completed!  This page was a challenge to do with this collection because almost all of  the papers have a distinctive grayed background and the photos had brights and whites... 


I used a white cardstock background because of the white styro cones in the photos...nothing else I placed it on looked right.  Then the white cardstock got trimmed slightly and centered onto kind of a peachy pink, dull red paper from the collection.  The other side of this paper was a reddish, peachy pink zig-zag pattern...just too busy. 

The photos were layered onto several papers (a happy scattered dot pattern, a minty green tiny chevron, the diagonal stripe and a small scrap of the aqua floral).  I wanted to use the bitty little alpha set that came with the collection pack, but I didn't want it to get lost, so I placed the title on a small kraft bag (kraft -- craft time,  silly pun intended).   The edge of the bag got tucked in behind the photo layers, journaling went on the tag that slides into the little bag.  Then I just added a couple of strips of paper at the top edge of the page and a few of the stickers, the flair badge and little sticker banners.  Last was to sprinkle on some of my homemade enamel dots (note to self:  must make more colors to choose from!). 

The phrase stickers I thought were particularly in sync with the layout; they read: "good things are going to happen" and "love you more each day".  Bella especially just lights up when I tell her we have a craft project to work on.  I want her to always remember these times with me as something special.  Kind of our thing together. 

happy scrapping today,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment