Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Challenge Layout #4 - Laugh

Still trying to crank out the pages from the Burlap and Bouquets collection.  I am actually finding this harder than working from the kit club.  This particular page I may not have ever posted, except for the challenge.  It was a hot, humid day; I had no makeup on at all, and had wound my sweaty sticky hair up on top of my head  Yeah, not a good picture day. 


But Bella was having such a good time while we were taking our "selfies".  When her Daddy came into the room and saw her giggling and carrying on, I told her to tell him what we were doing.  She was all over that, "We are taking selfies, Daddy!". 

I layered the green print on top of the arrow print to make the 12x12 background piece (since I had only partial pieces left of each).  Covered the seam between those two prints with a slice of the diagonal stripe.  I wanted to use the gold side of one of the papers as a punched scalloped piece, but I was downstairs and my punches were upstairs, so I took out my scissors and hand cut the strip into irregular scallops. 

Next was to layer the photos on some of the leftover scraps and get them positioned on the page.  I did some outlining and cut up a doily, adding pieces of it at the top and bottom of the photos. Two of the banner stickers plus one that I hand cut got tucked in with the lower doily.  I used the last of the cork words at the left side of the photos and then went to work on the top of the page.  I wanted to add a splash of white at the top to compliment the white of the doily at the bottom of the page, so I used a small white bag and placed one of the sticker phrases (cut into two pieces) on top.  Small strips of leftover papers were added at the top and bottom of the layout to help provide more of a frame for the page. 

Once again, almost the last thing I did was add the cluster at the top of the page and while I was doing that I added the enamel dots (my homemade ones!), a couple of the floral star stickers from the collection and another one of the flair badges. 

Whether I like the photo of myself or not, it was a fun moment with Bella and that's what counts.  She could care less about Nana's hair, she just remembers that we had fun taking "selfies"! 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment