Monday, February 23, 2015

Are You Still Scrapping Christmas? Me Too! - 19 Kinds of Cookies

My daughter and I get together every year for a weekend baking extravaganza.  This year, since there is a long distance move coming up, we really pulled out all the stops and baked over two weekends.  My son came along and man, oh man, with three of us, we really went to town!  19 kinds of cookies! 



I wanted to document this, because the annual cookie baking weekend has become a part of our Christmas tradition.  And even if I am not here, but across country...I know the tradition will go on. 

To mimic the colors of the cookies, frosting and decorative candies, I chose several papers from a Pink Paislee holiday pad to work with.  Trimmed down a soft green tone on tone pattern and centered it on a pink and red diagonal mini stripe paper.  Since my photos were pretty busy, I didn't layer them at all, but chose instead to use the other papers I had chosen in small irregularly cut strips at the top and bottom of the page.  After that it was just a matter of picking out the right spots for some embellishment clusters. All the embellishments (except for the white paper doily and the red crocheted doily) are from Basic Grey's 25th and Pine collection.   The 25th and Pine stuff really seemed to coordinate quite nicely with the Pink Paislee papers, so I will definitely be using them together again (Lord knows I have an ample supply of Christmas photos to scrap yet!!) 

The title is made up of red foil Thickers and an older alpha set from Basic Grey--not sure, but I think it from their Wassail line of several years ago.  No journaling, but there is a list of the cookies on the back of the page. 

One of the things I really want to do is to make a Holiday Cookie recipe book for the family of all of our favorite cookies and holiday treats.  It's on my bucket list of scrappy things to do!! 

yep, still working on Christmas stuff... 
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment