Sunday, December 21, 2014

Stuff, Lots and Lots of Stuff (ephemera, stickers, and embellishments, oh my)

OK, so some scrappers can define their "style" by  describing themselves as a simple scrapper, or a minimalist, or being all about the patterned paper, or some such description.  But a defined style, me?  mmm, yeah, no. 

 As much as I jump around from subject to subject and year to year. I also seem unable to remain within one "style" of scrapping.  I can be perfectly enamored with lots of white space and minimal embellishments one week and the next be over the top for sticking on a stack of embellishments.  (Which is where we are at today; stuff, lots and lots of stuff.) 


When I saw some a couple of packs of very dimensional birthday embellishments at Michaels, I just loved them and snatched them right up. As it turns out, the paper rosettes, title banner, party hat and happy birthday sticker (part of the two different embellishment packs I grabbed) were re-branded Recollections, but are in fact part of the Party Day Maggie Holmes collection (no wonder I loved them).  I already had the ephemera pack (snared at Hobby Lobby weeks and weeks earlier) and sometime later I lucked into finding the Party Day paper pad on clearance. 

Now, with all this Party Day stuff collected I sat down to make Bella's party page.  Used two different background pieces, the diagonal red and pink stripe and the grid paper.  Prior to this I had stacked up and stapled together little piles of the flat ephemera, so I just tucked a couple of the piles in and around the photos.   I added the rosette and the party hat and then the banner title, which kind of gave me fits.  I mean that part should have been easy, peas-y.  But the title looked flat, so I cut out an extra sunburst layer for each of the letters and popped every other one up.  The sticker letters are from Echo Park, Little Girl sticker sheet and I think the party, play-fun day piece is from Heidi Swapp, but otherwise everything is Party Day.   

Where am I going with all this?  Well, there is a lotta, lotta of stuff on this page, lots more than I usually use.  So just when I think I have myself figured out style-wise, um, not so much.  I guess we'll just go with it and see where we end up. 

see where you end up, surprise!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment