Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Four-Square Page Design (and little boys and hats)

What is it about little boys and granddaddy's hats?  This is my Jacob man years ago at age three proudly wearing Boppa's felt cowboy hat. 


I wanted to use kind of a four-square design, and I wanted it to be casual and playful, so nothing is lined up, the outlining is done very loosely and I used three different alphas on the title square.  It's a really simple design, the four-square thing and worked out great for me because I didn't want to have to arrange and rearrange and rearrange again till I was happy with the photo placement.  It was 1,2,3 oh yeah, and 4 and I was done! 

Used Heidi Swapp No Limits papers and I think a piece of Echo Park's About a boy, as well.  Most of the embellishments are from the cut-a-parts in the No Limits pad or from a Heidi Swapp embellishment pack, but the viewmaster piece is from a Maggie Holmes emphemera pack, the Oh Boy is from the Echo Park sticker sheet (About a Boy or a Boy's Life---I can't remember which), and the little camera and dimensional star are from an Amy Tangerine embellishment pack.  The alphas used in the title are from the Echo Park sticker sheet, a Webster's Pages alpha set and the large textured red alpha are Thickers. 

And this was just taken the other day...our Mr. Jackson, a.k.a Bubba Lu (he's almost three)--and yep, he's sporting Boppa's woven cowboy hat! 



So funny to me---Jacob and the hat 15 years ago and Jackson now.  Little boys and granddad's hats, some things don't change, do they?  I may even use the same layout design to scrapbook this!

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment