Friday, April 28, 2017

SWIM! -- A Gossamer Blue Kit Layout

Back to scrapbooking!!!!   Yeah!!!!    After a mini card making marathon...guilt took over after seeing the prices on greeting cards!  I really felt guilty, I have paper, stamps, ink, stickers.  I just needed to redirect and make up some cards.  But now back to our regularly scheduled programming! 

This was made from my most recent Gossamer Blue kit.  The April kit was full of tropical feel embellishments and sorry, this is always where I have issues with scrapbooking companies and kit clubs.  Tropical is pretty, but truly folks, not everyone gets to take tropical vacations!  In Wisconsin, swim lessons at the Y are as tropical as this Nana's pages are ever gonna get LOL! 


I was determined to use some of that tropical yummy stuff and chose one of the photos my daughter had posted on FB of the grandkids at their swim lesson.  I was equally determined to use one of the card stocks provided in the kit, but the solid color just seemed too harsh...too aqua.  The aqua just took over and the photo looked even darker.  After applying a coat of gesso (not quite to the edges), I used some of my new Distress Oxide inks from Tim Holtz to add a watercolor look . 


After the background was dry, I trimmed down my photo to eliminate a lot of the background busy-ness and started tucking tags and other embellishment pieces behind it.  Loved those palm leaf die cuts!  I also used a few of the palm leaf stickers, puffy stickers, and the adventure label. 


After trimming a bit off one side of the page and distressing that edge of the cardstock, I tucked a strip of luscious aqua striped paper underneath and added a couple, few tiny staples.   


The opposite side of the page got a little tear and curling back of the edges.  Then slid a piece of that same striped aqua paper under the tear so that it just peeked out at you.   The title was placed nice and close to the photo arrangement and I couldn't help but to stick on those two cute gold sparkly hearts!


The upper left corner got folded back and I stuck just a small square of another aqua and green pattern behind the fold. 


This was fun for many reasons...getting to play with the new Distress Oxide inks, using up those tropical type embellishments, and I found my aqua baker's twine!!!

I did not do any journaling to speak of, I may just add names, date and a love you and leave it at that this time.  Every page doesn't need a lecture or thought from Nana, but it always needs a love you!!

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment