Friday, February 24, 2017

Dream Big -- A 27-Day Challenge Page

I know I've said it before, but I do love playing along with challenges and my favorite FB group hosts a new challenge each month (plus a tic-tac-toe challenge which is equally fun). 

This month's challenge was to:  1) create a page about someone you love, 2) begin your journaling with "I",  3) use at least three different patterned papers, 4) include gemstones or glitter,  and 5) include a heart. 

And here's my page...


I used pieces and parts from two different Hip Kit collections on this (the December and January kits). 

My little granddaughter absolutely adores her big brother...and here I just left her a note to remind her of this and that she should dream as big as he does. 


The photo got layered with various gray and black and white paper pieces and then presented on a bed of these bright and shiny little instax photo frames.  I picked out all the silver frames for this and love the pop and lift they give to the photo. 

One of the instax frames even supplied just the right place for my title.  I loved that! 


Once the title was in place, I tucked in a couple of die cuts (the feather and another blue-y green-y one under the top right frame) and used the heart shaped blue green die cut at the base of the photo stack. 


When the die cuts were in place, I found my case full of gemstones (from way back when--gosh those are old--great to use some up!!) and added both blue and green gems.  Splattered just a little bit of black paint and did some outlining.


Happy with the page, and happy to be reminded of gemstones (stuck in my stash for -- well you don't really want to know how long I've had them do you?!).  I highly recommend playing along with a challenge group... you get something done, you are reminded to use things tucked away in months (years) past, and it's just plain fun!

have a super, scrappy weekend!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment