Thursday, December 22, 2016

Challenge Page! Use a 3x4 card, Pkging Technique, and Snowflakes/Stars

Took a small blogging break whilst wrapping, buying, card making and addressing...you know. the usual stuff this time of year, right?! 

But I really wanted to share this page and how it was created from a tic, tac, toe challenge on one of my favorite FB groups (Mercy Tiara's 27 Day Challenge).  Tic, Tac Toe?  This  means, that you choose your challenge off a tic, tac, toe grid.  Sound fun?  It is!!

My choice was a straight run across the grid; use a 3x4 card, the packaging technique to apply a color wash, and include stars or snowflakes on the page. 



I worked with supplies from both the October and November Scrapbook Circle kits.  The October kit included gorgeous gold metallic printed 3x4 cards, and the November kit had that gold metallic winter word in sticker form!  I did pull out a gold Thickers set to complete my title on the diagonal on that shiny gold printed card!


The background was created using cellophane packaging, and watercolors in shades of lavender, aqua, and pink.  While the background dried, I cut out those cute little houses from a leftover piece of paper from the November kit, and punched a few extra large snowflakes.


Once my background was dry, I splattered a bit of paint about, as well as some metallic gold spray mist and then began layering papers under my photo.  The layered photo lined up nicely with the gold title card, but it just needed a wee bit more shiny golden goodness.  Oh good, I still had another golden card and tucked most of it under the photo on the opposite side of the title.   


Once the line-up was done, it was time to tuck in a few pops of color, using a few more stickers and, a sprinkling of pretty sequins from the November kit and some of the puffy circle stickers included in the October kit.  The last thing to be done was to tuck in those punched snowflakes.  I like to add things like this at the end, as I can see more clearly where the page needs more depth, or that nice splash of white.  

So, 3x4 card (check),  watercolor packaging technique (check), and snowflakes or stars (check!).


Please do try some of the various challenges going on via your favorite FB groups.  It really is fun, it gets you out of a rut, and it gets another page done!!

Please enjoy this holiday season with family and friends!  Be safe, be happy, but mostly... be calm!

Merry Christmas! 
Cheryl

1 comment: