Sunday, November 20, 2016

How to Choose a Kit Club - A Citrus Twist Page

This is my second Citrus Twist kit and I am struggling a bit with only having six pieces of patterned paper.  I am sooooo a paper person.  But I am reserving full comment until I finish the kit.  I must say I do love, love, love this soft wood grain paper, which I believe is an exclusive to their club. 



I always kind of spread out the papers on my desk when I receive a new kit and then start pulling photographs that may work.  If I am not sitting right down to scrap, I just toss the little stack of photos right into the box the kit came in so they are there when I am ready to scrap.  And this photo of my grandson (gee this was only taken 16 years ago!) with the soft bluesy-beige-s in the background just went with my favorite wood grain paper beautifully. 


After that, luckily this kit had a couple choices for that buttery gold color, and that coordinated nicely with my grandson's shirt color.  I was a most happy camper, I mean scrapper! 

Again, this kit did not contain an alphabet, but did contain a Thickers set of white foam word stickers, so that is where I chose the title from.


Besides the aqua and yellow print paper, I also used one of the glassine bags that came in the kit (holding goodies) as a layering piece under my photo and left the right side open to insert a tag for my journaling.  Then I set about fussy cutting tabs and the circular embellishment you can see at the right of the photo, tucking them about the photo and layering papers.  . 

Punched a white strip with my favorite scalloped border punch and stapled on one of the cut-a-part labels and the "best" to add just a bit of interest at the top of the page. 


The last remaining goodies to be added were the painted cork accent pieces and just a few splatters and drips of white spray mist.


I love how this page turned out, simple and clean, soft, but not girl-y. 

Now let's see how the rest of this kit shakes out!

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment