Friday, May 29, 2015

NZ Travel Page - Limited Supplies? Fussy Cutting to the Rescue!

When you are working with a limited supply base like I am right now, it's important to make use out of just as much as possible...  A good pair of scissors you are comfortable working with becomes one of your best friends! 


I used the backside of another printed paper I wasn't fond of since I am hoarding the last couple of white American Crafts cardstock.  Did the layering under the photo using several cut-a-parts, as well as a bit of this paper and a bit of that.  Also used a couple of border stickers teamed up with a torn strip of paper down the right side of the page. 

But, besides using cut-a-parts (which as the name implies...you cut--them---apart), I fussy cut the large chevrons from a patterned paper, the labels, the large-ish photo corner pieces, and yes--the title "NZ".  I didn't pack all my alpha stickers, nor do I have my Cricut handy, or even my Big Shot.  And an N and a Z seemed pretty straightforward as far as cutting went.  (Hint:  Cut one block of paper and then cut your letters out...helps to keep the letters the same size).  Now I might have thought twice about hand cutting letters if I had entitled this page "SkyTower"!  Not going there! 

Last was to add some gray splatters and some of my homemade enamel dots and to tuck in just a couple of small round tabs.

Again, most papers were from the Heidi Swapp No Limits pad of paper I brought along, although the black and white diagonal stripe I believe is from the Crate Paper DIY pad.  And the border stickers were off an Echo Park sticker sheet (For the Record 2). 

So moving right along...if you are going to stretch your supplies, keep a pair of scissors handy that you are comfortable using! 

best,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, I have to say I'm loving the direction your pages are going in!

    ReplyDelete