Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Adventure Hawaii Travel Layout - From Scraps!

Packing scrapbooking supplies for this part of our move was soooo important to me.  Scrapbooking is my saving grace.  It calms me when I am full of anxiety, it helps when I am craving some internal quiet time, it soothes me when I am missing family and friends and helps me to remember being with them. 

I must have packed well, because I am still making pages....and have lots more packed to continue working on more.  Hurray! 

This travel page was made with mostly scraps!  I did slice the top border from a full 12x12 sheet, but otherwise everything was leftover cuts and partial packs of embellishments (which also gives me a cheap thrill for some weird reason!). 


Papers are a mix of Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp, and Crate Paper.  Embellishments also a mix of Heidi Swapp, Bo-Bunny, and Crate Paper.  Title is from Heidi Swapp and the alphas are from Webster's Pages and October Afternoon.  I also used a stencil (Studio Calico) and two different colors of chalk inks and then glued on several of my homemade enamel dots. 

Things I would do differently?  I am happy with the page, but yeah I would like to have added another layer of color using teal inks perhaps (but alas, I didn't pack anything but my little tin full of chalk inks, and I didn't have teal in there so... no go).  And it would have been nice to add a wood veneer airplane to the embellishment cluster.  The kicker is, I KNOW I have them...but not with me.  The little devils are packed up in our moving containers sitting right outside...and I can almost hear them calling to me...beckoning me, taunting me.   (sigh) 

Overall, I am still pleased with the page, and I have to remind myself that too many times when I have so longed to add just a few more things and did---I ended up not being so happy with the result.  Less is more.  Repeat.  Less is more.  Repeat till it sinks in--oh wait; it's almost 10 at night, husband will wonder who I am talking to. 

sh-h-h-h,  less is more
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment