Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sweater Weather Layout #5 - Favorite Holiday Memories

So here's the fifth layout I've created using just the main Sweater Weather kit from Scraptastic.  I've had such a good time trying to work from just the kit (pretty much).  It's good to have a challenge, a scrapbooking challenge that is! 


This time the items from my stash are sequins, white cardstock (for the circle punches),  the light gray cardstock (used as a base for the page), a doily, the journaling card and the baker's twine. 

The page background was inspired by a Simple Stories Christmas paper I saw Mercy Tiara use in one of her you tube videos.  It had printed circles, sequin shapes, and snowflakes scattered across the middle portion of the paper and I just loved that paper.  So I thought I might be able to use real sequins, some circle punches and snowflake stamps to mimic that paper design.  Now mine does not look at all the same, but I think I like it!  I did decide to add some white paint drops here and there after I was done stamping and gluing down the circles and just a few red punched snowflakes.  Really wanted to include the journaling card because that wood grain border so goes with the wood grain paper.  Then I decided to just use the title on the journaling card as the page title because every alpha set I laid on the page just took away from the overall light feeling of the page. 

The look on my little Bella's face only speaks a bit about how goofy she got over this musical and light up elf hat.  She was just beside herself with glee over this thing (course it probably didn't help that we had been baking cookies all day and sugar may have been involved...). 

So, there you have it.  Layout #5. 

to be continued,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment