Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sweater Weather Layout #6 - Winter

So here we are at #6.  I have really tried to use as much of the kit as possible.  But I am having a hard time using the snowman wood veneer and that cute snowball fight wood veneer (and I love them!).  I am soooo NOT a winter outdoorsy person, hence no snowman building on my part, nor snowball fighting.  But who knows, there is a storm brewing and maybe something will occur that is photo worthy, scrap worthy, and worthy of me being out in the cold!


For this page I used the Studio Tekurek Peachy Christmas paper (it looks like a snowstorm to me) on a light blue-ish gray cardstock and then layered pieces of the Scraptastic exclusive snowflake paper and cut up pieces of the Hall Pass vellum from Webster's Pages under the photos.  Tucked in a punched piece of the My Mind's Eye wood grain (they make the best wood grain papers).  I found a stray piece of off-white cord and tied that around the page and then it was just a matter of using up a few more of the stickers from the Echo Park Warm and Cozy sheet that was included in the kit.  The last thing I did was spatter a bit of Black Velvet (Heidi Swapp) ink on the page.  Nothing but the cord and the cardstock came from my stash on this one!  Did a little outlining with a black pen and added a wee spot of journaling. 

These were older photos that I pulled off a (truly awful) page I did years ago.  (Yep, occasionally I take apart older layouts, not often.  But this was a monumentally bad page that did not convey the winter cold and gray feeling I was looking for.  This page just feels better to me (and I think the photos are happier here too!) 

stay warm, scrap often
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment