Feeling pretty good about what I am getting out of this kit (and I only have the main kit, no add-ons!). I am trying to stick fairly close to what has been included in the kit, although I'm not counting cardstock (or tissue paper). I have reached into my stash for things like sequins, sprays, the occasional tab or banner.
This page is just what it says it's about, attending our little hometown Christmas Parade. I have some more photos of the event; they will either go onto another facing page or another separate page for the kids' albums. Journaling is on the back, cuz it just did not fit nicely where I thought it was going to go.
And, this is why I like to blog. I just noticed that I did not outline the little banners I made for the cluster at the left side of the layout (I will go back and do that). I love taking pictures of my layouts and seeing them on the screen. Things show up that I just otherwise might not notice.
So speaking of clusters, I did punch a few snowflakes (from the papers provided, other than the plain white one). The photos are layered onto the Scraptastic exclusive papers; the red alphabet soup and the grey snowflake prints. I placed the photos in a four square grid onto several layers of irregularly cut tissue paper. The clusters were made using papers cut into banners, the stickers from the Carta Bella Warm and Cozy sticker sheet, a punched snowflake and the enamel dots included in the kit. One of the clusters (on the left side of the page) also included one of the wood veneer tags included in the kit.
The cardstock used as the base for the page was also in the kit. The color kind of surprised me. I would not have looked at this color if it had not been in the kit. But in my mission to use as much as possible from the kit, I was plopping the matted photos down on one piece after another of the various pieces I had left and this one worked!
From my stash on this one: the baker's twine, doily, tissue paper, a scrap of white cardstock for one of the snowflakes (the other two are punched from the red cardstock included and the My Mind's Eye woodgrain paper).
It would appear that my title is kind of crooked. But I did measure up from the bottom of the page...I think it is the irregular (crooked--slightly curved--tissue paper edges). I think I'm ok with it looking slightly wonky. After all, we are a slightly wonky family!
And that is layout #3, with more to come~