Friday, August 1, 2014

A minor scrappy obsession.  Really, just a tiny thing,.... I can't seem to just glue buttons onto pages without tying thread or floss through the button holes. 

I've tried!  I got some cute buttons in a package that already had adhesive on the back and didn't I have to peel off the adhesive so I could put floss through the button holes?  Well, of course I did. 

Which brings me to my page.... Still using scraps on this one.  Added some vellum tape strips (on clearance for a whopping $1.07 a pack at Hobby Lobby).  I added strips of the same papers and little pieces of the vellum strips for the cluster at the side of the page.  Sprinkled on some wood veneer stars.  Cut the title with my Cricut.  It cracked me up to watch Jackson falling asleep when he was tiny... going, going, gone....

Things were moving along fine and then I went to splatter my Heidi Swapp Citron mist and it kind of blurched out, not splattered.  Love that color... but the splots were a bit larger (a LOT larger) than I had intended.  So I added buttons over top of the largest paint blurches.  And put floss through all the button holes before adhering them to the page.   


Some things are just not worth fighting yourself over. 

best to all,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment