Sunday, August 3, 2014

A silly little bow and a bit about scrapping and other creative endeavors on a (t.i.g.h.t.) budget. 

I am beginning to think I am actually more creative with less to spend.  I use my paints, stamps, and inks more.  I think a bit more about how I want my project to look--and yes, the work-arounds  and solutions sometimes take a little longer, like cutting the title out several times and stacking the letters so they are more substantial, OR, like on this page...that silly little bow. 


I've seen bows popping up on pages on-line and noticed that both paper and ribbon bows have been included in several of the popular kit club offerings.  So bows are a "thing" right now.  OK, Bella had that bow headband thing going on in this photo...and I thought to myself, you can certainly make your own bow...  And I did...but boy, oh boy I tied and retied, and fluffed and adjusted, over and over, till it looked right to me.  I putzed about with the thing so long, I actually got a smidge of dirt or ink or something on it.  Of course I noticed this AFTER the bow was finished.  (Solution: a toothpick and a teeny spot of craft paint!).  So, this simple little bow took longer than putting the entire page together! 

I used Carta Bella papers from the Beautiful Moments collection (picked up last year at 50% off, of course).  I loved the colors on the background paper, but still a bit busy for me, so I added some gesso behind where the photo was going to be placed.  The title is one of my favorite Thickers fonts (also purchased at 40% off) and the stickers are from the Carta Bella pack and from an Amy Tangerine pack I got at Tuesday Morning for $1.99!  The doily paper and the ribbon are both from my stash, as are the little gold sequin stars. 

Journaling is on the back of this page and has to do with miscarriages, and waiting, being so very thankful for a healthy baby girl... just not something to hang out there for all the world to see. 

And then there is that bow... about 45 minutes to make the page  a .n. d.  an hour to make the bow...

have a great day today whatever and wherever your creativity takes you,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment