Monday, August 4, 2014

Being creative does not always take more time!  Sometimes, I think, it means keeping your eyes open to using what is right in front of you. 

The title on this page is the negative piece left from cutting the "Going, Going, Gone" title for Jackson's falling asleep page (posted a day or so ago).  But this time the title refers to the setting California sun behind Jacob and Jackson in the photo.  


The scrap was just lying out on my desk and when I paired it with an orange-y rust piece of cardstock, the colors did mimic the ones in the photo.  The pages will not be next to each other in an album (they may not even be in the same album).  The California Sun part of the title is cut from this same orange-y rust cardstock, using my favorite Cricut font on the Opposites Attract cartridge. 

Base for the page is a piece of paper from Heidi Swapp's No Limits  collection.  Layering papers are from Basic Grey and MME 6x6 pads (or what's left of them).  I also used a gold skeleton leaf, sprinkled on some gold sequins and pinched a couple of butterflies from gold paper.  The Take Note flair badge is from Studio Calico; gold stickers are from a Dear Lizzy pack and the little "wow" diecut is from a from Heidi Swapp  pack. 

I am hoping to get some photos taken of my work room today--and hopefully get those posted later this week.  The curtains are back up, the topper is up...I do need to vacumn--but who looks at the floor!!!??

have a happy Monday,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment