Sunday, August 19, 2012

Where to begin.  It's been almost a year since I last posted anything here.  And I do feel bad about that.  I know when I look at blogs, I hate when there has been a long lapse.  But I just could not bring myself to post, to be artificially perky and happy, when I wasn't.  Nor did I want to be a Debby Downer and get on the blog and whine everyday.  Hate that.  Anyway, the story is---simply too many life changes in too short a period of time,  I sank lower and lower.  Went to my little part time job, cooked, did a little cleaning (very little), slept ( I slept alot),  and spent as much time as I could with the grandbabies.  I didn't even open the door to my scrap room for months. 

But one day just a few weeks ago, I did open that door.  And I've been scrappin' away ever since!  Don't know what changed, (kinda don't want to look that gift horse in the mouth).  But I do feel a change, the sadness does sometimes just come and kind of envelopes me, but it happens less often and lasts for less time.  And for this I am so grateful.   

The layout I am posting today may or may not have already been posted in some fashion here.  What I focused on when I started back to scrapping was finishing up pages that had been created for classes or samples.  Sometimes all I needed to do was add a title and create a secondary page for my customary two page layouts.  Some required a bit more attention to make me happy---some extra embellishment, an extra layer of paper or two, maybe swapping one element for another.  Some, to be truthful, I just was never really happy with and I took them apart to salvage what I could, tossed the rest. 


So, if this looks vaguely familiar, this one started out as a one-page make & take.  I added a few more layers of paper, stickers and embellishments and then made a second page, almost the same as the first, but added the title to this page and the banner stickers (which I outlined to go with the outlined layering papers). 


Printed papers are from Crate Paper, the Emma's Shoppe collection.  The ballet ticket and daddy's girl stickers are also from Crate.  The cream and aqua cardstocks--those are Bazzill, flowers are really old Sandylion, banner stickers are from Lily Bee, the chipboard in the title is from Cosmo Cricket, the letter stickers are from Websters Pages, and the bubble ribbon is from May Arts.   


Oh, almost forgot, the washi tape in the corners is from Bella Blvd.  I am loving this stuff--have to get some more of it.  It's a quick and easy add for a spot of color or to tie various colors in the layout together.  I also used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and a couple of my favorite EK border punches, plus a little piece of yellow and white baker's twine.  So, quite the mix of manufacturers... 

If you have followed me before, thanks for checking back in on me and if you are new, welcome! 

1 comment:

  1. I've so missed you and have checked back weekly to see if you were ok. glad to see you in the swing of things!! Hope to see you soon
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete