Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Butterflies and Dragonflies

It seems my blogging went by the wayside right after the May Scrapathon...  I would sit and think of what I wanted to blog about but had no photographs of anything that wasn't created for a class or store make and take. I just have this thing that I need to have a photo of something to post. So I stepped out onto the porch this morning and snapped a quick picture of a card I made for a swap I am participating in.  I actually made the card and sent it off already, but I almost always make a second item for myself when I am swapping.



So here you go.  I punched a border and added a torn strip of an older Basic Grey paper, tore a couple of pieces of dotted Magic Mesh  (remember that stuff?), lightly painted the edges with white acryclic paint, punched two butterflies using the Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch.  Layered these with a journaling tag from Pink Paislee and added two silvery dragonfly brads and several light green pearls.  Ta da.  Maybe I'm back.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card. I like that you added the butterfly charms on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used all that older product on this project. Great use of the Magic Mesh. I really need dig out some older stuff from my stash. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, I like the use of the dotted magic mesh!

    ReplyDelete