Monday, July 26, 2010

Crafter's Home Craft Mania at CHA

Sorry, no photos on this one...I forgot my camera...and my phone... That's what getting up at 4:30 a.m. does I guess.  I promise I will take my camera the remaining days and get some sneaky peeks posted.  We are driving to and from Chicago every day to attend the various activities that accompany CHA (Craft and Hobby Association's buying extravaganza for retailers).  

Days 1 and 2:  Our first couple of days at CHA were spent in an absolutly freezing room (can you say air conditioning on steroids) having 20 minute presentations from Crafter's Home affiliated vendors on their newest products, paper lines, tools, and toys!  Attending this allows us to get some of our orders placed with some of our favorite companies before we even hit the show floor.  This is huge to us and saves soooo much time.  There are several companies that we place large staggered release orders that take a bit of time to compile and keep organized (so we know what is coming... when it is coming) like Sizzix and Ranger for all you Tim Holtz fans.  I have some homework to do before the actual order(s) can go in.  But oh my goodness, there are just some awesome things coming (check out Tim Holt's blog for some sneak peaks on his newest offerings!  The link is on my sidebar.) 

So far we have seen and ordered from Moxxie, Echo Park, The Girls Paperie, Little Yellow Bicycle, The Paper Company, Kaiser, McGill, Reminisce, We R Memory Keepers, KI, and Bo Bunny, with several more orders started, but want to see and touch some samples before deciding on quantities. 

Tomight is private preview party night.  We will be attending Moxxie's party, Creative Imaginations, SEI, and (ok, brain freeze here-I cannot for the life of me remember who else we are seeing tonight... good thing the invites are tucked safely in my CHA File folder in the car!) 

So, stay tuned for some photos of the show.... I'll try to post a few every night. 

Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment