Thursday, January 28, 2010

I have the best job!

Just another page from the Power Pages class.  This one highlighted the use of Just Rite stamps, Spellbinders Nestibilities dies, and how to colorize acrylic. 






And this next one was showing off one of the border punches from EK, stamping on flowers, and making ribbon photo corners. 




These layouts were all taught at a class in which the students rotated from page making station to station creating 8 pages in one Sunday afternoon.  They were created to each one target specific tools or techniques. 

It's been a busy week.  I had store duty while Colleen was at CHA.  Now that she is back, we are busily placing orders (yes additional orders to those she placed at the show--many companies extend their show specials for a while so this allows us to meet and make decisions together over what will work for some of our various events, what we can wait to order and see if there is a customer need, etc.) 

On the homefront, Idid get both desktops in my workroom cleaned off.  Of cource, now it's messy again, as I spent last evening working up the shower invite for my daughter's baby shower and another card for our upcoming Card Marathon. 

This is the time of year I start to feel overwhelmed.  Class samples, scrapathon pages, card marathon cards all need to be designed in the next few weeks, and until we finish our ordering proecess some of this has to wait.  At least until I have a handle on what products we will be showcasing. 

There is always a line to walk between being creative enough, but using products that are not moving or that we have over-ordered on, introducing new tools and making the project do-able in a limited amount of time. 

Even though it seems I am whining, I know I have the best job in the world and this is just crunch time!  So, next posting I should have some sneaky peeks at card marathon cards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment