Thursday, November 12, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Yikes I was gone from the blog for a long time. Just lots going on--our LSS hosts what we call a scrapathon twice a year. This event is attended by 145 paper-crazed scrappers. It takes us months of prep time. We feed our guests breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks and beverages, have 8 prepared make & take pages that everyone receives in kit form, drawings for prizes, a page contest, a guessing jar, raffles, massage appointments--- it is THE BOMB of scrapping events. We are sold out months in advance.


(This is Colleen collating one of the eight kits received by our scrapathon attendees!)


But every year, right around the same time is a scrap and stamp convention that we have a booth at and have to prepare a make and take for too. This year it was the week after scrapathon--then we had our holiday card marathon and this coming weekend we repeat the card marathon AND the day before we have a bus tour with two other scrapbook stores (with a project for the attendees to create).

Soooooo the past weeks have found me falling asleep sitting up on the couch. The other night I fell asleep (sound asleep) fully dressed at 8---woke up at 5:30 a.m. with the TV remote in my hand and the TV screen was blue with some menu on it about setting the channels --- I didn't know what I was turning on or off, but when I got up the next morning--- I had wiped out all our cable channels. ooops

Very soon normalcy will return... whatever that means!

No comments:

Post a Comment