Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Another 27 Day Challenge Page!! And Being Mood Board Challenged...

I've said it before and here I go again... I do love these challenges.  Sparks me to dig out supplies I know I have but have sat unused, sometimes it helps me think a bit outside of my comfort zone, and at times---just having that date floating about in my head is what's good.  (I am very task---date---project oriented; it's that other half of my brain--not the creative side! ha ha!) 

The challenge this month was by way of using a mood board.  I know this sounds a kinda weird, but I am mood board challenged.  I always think they are pretty, but normally they don't move me toward a scrapbook page.  Um, as in, I have never used a mood board, e.v.e.r.  So here is the mood board... 


And I took away the pretty party banner, the colors aqua (lots of aqua) and yellow and the florals as my inspiration. 


I began by layering the photo between a frame and a bluish scrap of patterned paper and then piled that onto a postcard piece of paper ephemera.   All the layered pieces were going to be popped up off the page, but for the time being, I put them aside to work on the background.   Somewhere I have either yellow/white or aqua/white baker's twine for that tag, but darn if I can find it right now!!!  I'll tie that on when it turns up (sigh). 


 Next was to layer up a library card ephemera piece with stickers and a yellow/gold frame tucked behind and then fancied up a plain white tag with notebook looking paper and lots of clustered stickers.  Since the tag was white, I stuck another blue-aqua paper behind it and trimmed that closely.




Adding some color to a plain white card stock panel in my mood board colors of aqua and a few splotches of yellow/gold helps soften all that white and helps tie things together. 


After the watercolor was dry, the white cardstock was trimmed slightly and adhered to (whatelse) an aqua printed 12x12 piece (in a pattern I am not likely to use as a background--but the color was right!). 

The banner was hung below the popped up, layered, and stickered photo, tag, and library card.  I also added a small snippet of banner to the top left corner of the page and added a chipboard sticker there, as well as sprinkling on some pretty aqua chipboard hearts.  Added just a touch more color by adding a couple of puffy floral stickers to the banner.  The title was from the same sticker sheet as the puffy flowers. 


I used up a slew of stickers from an old Amy Tan sticker book and a bunch of ephemera pieces and cut-a-parts from past kits.  The banner is from Dear Lizzy---it was a whole page that you punched out this really long banner out of.  It's been in my stash for several years.  But goodness, I only used up about quarter of the banner on this layout (might be time to make some cards with banners on 'em...).

Yet, another challenge accepted and completed! 

happy scrappin'! 
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment