Friday, December 30, 2016

Let's Talk Kit Club Stuff! -- Hip Kit Club

Ready for a little kit chat? 

I'm working with Hip Kit right now.  My first kit with them.  And here's the rundown.  You get 8-10 papers; most were recent releases, a couple were Hip Kit exclusives.  There was a partial package of teeny tassels, a full pack of die cut ephemera, a full pack of  mixed sequins, and two packs of Thickers (one alpha and one word/phrase set) in the main kit. 

The papers were well coordinated.  Very pretty mix.  Very pastel.  V.e.r.y.  V.e.r.y.  pastel.   I like pastels, really I do.  I have a granddaughter, so pastels will work for my girly pages.  We'll have to see what else we can do with my V.e.r.y. V.e.r.y. pastel kit.  But for now I'll do the girly thing!


This is where I caution folks to look into a kit club's history before making a commitment.  I would rather order a la carte and pay a bit more for a single girly kit that I want to use for my girl, but subscribe to a club that gives me a more diverse selection of supplies. 

This is my first kit with Hip Kit, and I'll have a go with a second kit before making a final determination.  Lots of folks are extremely happy with the club, their selections, and their service,  so I remain open-minded and ready to scrap!

I have already made a holiday page, and for this one I wanted to use strips of several of the patterned papers trimmed and edges curled so a bit of each would show and I wanted the base to be that lovely silver polka dot paper. 


I also wanted lots of layers behind the photo, but didn't want to repeat all the papers I'd already used.  This is where getting an entire pack of die cut ephemera in your kit comes in handy... I used a bunch of these pieces as the layers under my photo. 

Since my page was all about the loss of granddaughter's two lower teeth (and as a result of the tooth fairy's excessive generosity becuase she had to have the teeth pulled), I used the words "all" and "smiles" from the Thickers pack.  It fit!


I added the two corner pieces and my journaling and called it finished.  Sometimes less is more.  Anything else I placed on the page was just too much and it seemed distracting.


So far, a complicated page with a watercolor background, and a straight paper layered page.  I am finding Hip Kit to be well coordinated, making it easy to pull pages together.  The kit is a bit heavy on pastels, so am looking forward to the next kit to see if their selection/style varies a bit.  Their exclusive papers are well made; loved getting two sets of Thickers (I just adore Thickers, so of course I loved getting TWO sets!).  And from what I hear and see their attention to customer service is exemplary.

On to the next!
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment