Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Mercy Tiara 27 Day Challenge Page!

Right up front, let me say, I failed this challenge.  The challenge:  use the color purple, something funny, texture, and two photos.  What?  The color purple and I are not old friends.  So off I went in search of a photo to use with the color purple...found one!  Then I set about digging through paper for purple.  And I was off to the races.... 

Except for one thing.  I had been so hung up on purple, I charged right into putting the page together once I had found my purple "stuff".  Then I went back and checked the challenge...  um yeah.  I was supposed to use two photos and I only had one of these.  Too late.... 


I mean seriously, the whole point of the challenge is to get you motivated, get you going and working with stuff you've forgotten, or overlooked, or that maybe you find difficult.  Well, I accomplished that, so I am going with it! 


 For the purple part of the challenge, I water-colored a piece of cardstock to use as one of my layering pieces, fussy cut the floral and polka dot strip from a really old piece of Basic Grey, as well as fussy cut the scalloped ledger paper strips from the same paper.  Sometimes the paper is pretty, but works better cut into other shapes and then kind of re-assembled!  Here I placed that whole layered section onto a piece of DCWV purple brocade pattern paper. 


The humor?  While it's not hilarious (or nearly as funny as some of the other gals photos I've seen that participated in the challenge so far) this memory of my granddaughter parading about in a dance recital chiffon dress and her purple rain boots just makes me giggle. 

The texture?  I crumpled up two different layering papers to add volume, and bent up the edges of the water-colored paper. 



The only other items added were several fussy cut floral pieces left over from another project, the title and a sprinkling of white puffy sticker hearts. 


Even if you don't quite fulfill the requirements of a challenge group, so what?  Did you have fun putting the page together?  Do you like the page?  Did you use or try something you might not otherwise have?  Then overall, you were still successful weren't you?! 

Try a challenge group, it's fun! 

happy scrappin'
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment