Monday, August 29, 2016

Picking a Monthly Kit Club.. a continuing saga

I ordered my first kit from Scrapbook Circle last week Monday and received it on Thursday!  This
was their August kit and it so far has been a real peach!  The patterns and colors are lending themselves to outdoors-y, scenic photos and these are just the types of photos I often struggle with! 


So many times, I find summer themes to be strictly camping or beach related.  H-m-m-m; I don't camp, and we live inland so I truly do not have a need for much of these sorts of themes.  But I do
have scenic, outdoors-y photos that do need a scrappy home!  Happily, this kit really came through with flying colors!  Love, love, love it! 

The papers relate to each other very well, without being too match-y, match-y.  They are camp-ish, without being too cutesy and themed, perfectly suited for scenic outdoors shots, have a nice mix of small muted backgrounds and vibrant prints that lend themselves to cutting apart (thereby giving me the opportunity to stretch the papers and get more out of them!).   I. Could. Not. Be. Happier.    So let the "research" (i.e. happy scrappy page-making) continue! 

Just to do a quick review; I am conducting some research (for myself) on choosing a monthly scrapbooking kit club.  I selected a popular group of monthly kit clubs and will order two kits from each of them to work with.  My criteria is:

1.  How many pages can I produce from just the main kit?  (I'll probably order add-ons
     from time to time, but I want to know I can produce pages without having to
     always buy those extras every month.) 

2.  How do the supplies relate to each other?  (How easily do the pages come together?) 

3.  Is there a good balance of feminine and masculine prints/designs? 

4.  What sort of embellishments are included in the kit(s)?  (I don't use a lot of stickers, but
     I do like enamel dots, washi, cut apart phrases, sequins, flair badges, die cuts.) 

5.  What type of letters for titles are included?  (I don't mind some "flat" alpha stickers, just
     would also like to also see some Thickers or chipboard.) 

6.  Really not interested in all-exclusive papers, etc.  I am looking for a kit club to give
     me a taste of what's new, things I'll not find in Michael's or Hobby Lobby. 

7.  Is shipping done on a timely basis? 

8.  And finally, does the club provide an active blog/facebook group?  A place to share
     pages, gain ideas, fresh perspectives, and encourage each other. 

Your own test criteria may be different than mine...in fact it should be!  Your own criteria should be based on what you like to work with, what sort of photos do you have to scrap, and your own preferences on supplies and embellishments. 

Make a list, see what's out there, and I encourage you to try a kit or two before you commit to any club. 

next time,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment