Monday, June 29, 2015

Sort Those Scraps - Happy Feet

Still on the subject of choosing and layering papers, still using my stash, but this time all the papers used (except for the white cardstock background sheet) are all scraps--all previously cut pieces and odd little leftovers. 

On the photo itself... Jackson was only one, sitting on the couch, watching a cartoon show, and I happened to see these little feet crossed at the ankle.  Something little that made me smile.  And I am finding that these photos are actually having more meaning for me and touch me more than the posed, everyone facing the camera, smile big type photos. 


It seems only fitting that something so little and inconsequential should be showcased using lots of little inconsequential pieces of paper then.  And what results?  It all adds up to something I love.  And so it goes, all those little fleeting moments adding up to something meaning much more.  Kind of cool.  And I think kind of like all the moments and days piling up, adding up to a life. 

ok, enough of the life analogies and philosophizing...this is what you get when I haven't had enough coffee!  Ha! 

 
Back to scrapping talk.  It was easy to find most of the papers since they were pretty much all together in one page planner; leftovers from a lot of the sports pages in eldest grandson's graduation albums.  As those pages were created, the scraps and pieces got placed into one page planner so I could continue to pull from it.  After his albums were completed, I just left that page planner together and put it into my tote when I packed to leave.  So when this photo pooped up again, it was easy to see it needed blues and neutrals to showcase it.  All I had to do was snatch up that page planner with all the little bits, strips, and pieces already sorted into just the colors needed!  

The white cardstock got a bit of inking in blues and tans, using a scrap of mesh as a stencil.  And I also added several wood veneer hearts (just cuz I liked the different shapes of the hearts and the look of the natural wood with the blues and browns in the photo and papers). 


The title is made up of two different alpha stickers, one is an old, old, OLD Little Yellow Bicycle set that I have used almost entirely.  The other, lower case alpha is from an old Webster's Pages alpha set.   Not a lot of journaling on the page...  Jackson's first Nikes, as mandated by his older brother Jacob.  Not really sure if all my blather about odd little moments adding up to something bigger will get journaled onto the backside of the page or not.  (I mean how crazy do I want future generations to think I am? LOL All right, I am so gonna go put these thoughts down on the back! hahaha)

off to create more odd little moments now,
Cheryl 






No comments:

Post a Comment