Thursday, January 15, 2015

Winner, Winner...Chicken Dinner!

OK, so this has nothing whatsoever to do with chicken for dinner...  Chicken I would have to make and clean up after... this is soooo much better!  I won the current Sweater Weather Scraptastic kit via a contest at Mercy Tiara's you tube channel.  (If you've never checked her videos out, I strongly encourage you to visit her --- I have her listed in my sidebar, under places to visit.)

Anyway.....Wow is all I can say.  I like n.e.v.e.r win anything, so I was totally blown away to see my name listed as the winner of this scrumptious kit.  And to top that off, the kit arrived only a couple of days later!   Now I could take a few photos of the kit--- but better that you hop over to the Scraptastic site to check them out and besides there are several folks on you tube that do a share of their kit contents. I am so excited to go up to my little room tonight to play with my winnings!  A public, big ole thank you to Mercy Tiara for my winnings! 

In the meantime, I am putting up a travel themed page from my grandson's trip last June to Australia (and New Zealand and Hawaii). 


The background paper is from a Studio Calico travel pack from Michael's, as are most of the layering papers.  The brown and black checked pieces are from Basic Grey (a pet line from several years ago). Stitched banners are from Crate Paper and the "today" and "truly awesome" stickers I think are from Amy Tangerine.  I softened the area under the photo layers using some gesso, did a little stamping (that weird branchy looking circle,  the chevrons and the "wow" on the sunburst wood veneer) then tucked in some miscellaneous tags and a couple more wood veneer pieces. 

So the story goes (that will also be included on one of these travel pages) is that my wonderful grandson was so very pleased with himself that he took 27 photos while on his trip.  Um, 27 photos of a trip to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii?  Hello, have you met your grandmother?  Now to be fair this was a whirlwind trip, like three days in each place and it was a wrestling junket...but...   27 photos? 

Stay tuned to see what I can create from the Sweater Weather kit and I did take photos of the gift card holders that I mentioned a while ago. 

Now off to my room to play! 

best!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment