Thursday, August 21, 2014

Still blathering on about page titles... 

Sometimes not a lot of words are necessary to accurately convey the feeling of a page. 

There are other photos of my two youngest grandies "helping" their mommy with some baking.  But This one photo...

Well, here it is. 


And my brain immediately went to, "How much batter was left for the pan, honey?" Hence the title and subtitle. 

The blue and orange papers came from Heidi Swapp's No Limits collection.  Layering papers were scraps.  Most of the stickers came from Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy sticker books.  The silly, funny crazy piece is from a Heidi Swap ephemera pack, the little orange epoxy arrow was from a Heidi Swapp sticker set,  and the "Love Your Face" is a little stamp from Michaels.  Thanks to the tip from Allison (she is goodgriefyou on you tube), I picked up several of these little stamp sets at a whopping $1 each!  Stamped it in navy blue and then punched it with an appropriately sized circle punch.  Added a wood veneer camera, some navy and white bakers twine and some washi tape in a navy chevron and orange diagonal stripe.  Repeated one of the layering papers, the washi, and the twine in the cluster at the top of the page. 

Now the alphas used in the title--those are still from an old Little Yellow Bicycle set that I am just nursing along because I cannot find navy blue alphas.  Why are navy blue sticker letters so hard to find?  (Insert whining here---American Crafts, could you p.l.e.a.s.e. make some navy blue Thickers for us --without glitter?)   The little letters in the subtitle are Tiny Type from Cosmo Cricket. 

I punched some brown circles in a couple sizes and scattered those on the page in lieu of splatting paint or ink.  Which made me think of  an idea I saw on Lillith Eckel's blog a while back where she used a border punch from EK, I think it is called Swiss Cheese.  She punched it once or twice and had a whole array of little circle confetti to scatter on her page.  And I thought what a great idea!  That is not a punch I have because when it came out as a border punch I thought, eh, not crazy about it.  But using it to punch multi size confetti like circles is an awesome idea!  Now I may have to think again about purchasing this punch.  I just love blogs and you tube---you never can tell where a great idea is hiding! 

That's it for now! 
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment