Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Page titles can be a pain, hard to think of something that fits appropriately on the page, uses the size and color of letters you have available,  something catchy? something profound?  Sometimes a title is just a title, an introduction to the page, to the photo(s).  But sometimes the title can be more, I think.  Sometimes the title can be part of the embellishment.  Sometimes it is a rather small part of the page, just a token to evoke a memory or a feeling. 

On  this page I wanted the title to be a message to Bella -- I guess it counts as being the journaling itself.  And I had a lot of these purple and hot pink glitter letters I felt I could use (those not being colors I reach for an awful lot). 


I did include a little bit of handwritten journaling.  But the primary message to my granddaughter is the title.

I used a piece of Lily Bee paper from the Emma's Closet line (several years old) and a leftover piece of the old, old Bohemia collection from My Mind's Eye, a piece of paper from one of the 8-1/2x11 Michael's sale packs, and Thickers letter stickers.  Border punched pieces are scraps and the hearts are fussy cut from another of the 8-1/2x 11 sale pack papers (I can never remember which paper is from the Dear Lizzy or the Maggie Holmes packs cuz there are no branding strips on them).  Stickers are from both Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy sticker books.  I did a little outlining and scattered some sequins on the page, thought about splattering a bit of ink, but decided against it.  Done! 

A friend asked me where I came up with my titles from and I really didn't have a good answer for her...  I had asked Bella to make some funny faces for me and she was only too happy to oblige.  The message (title) came to me when I was looking at the photos later and wondering how long her being happy to oblige me making faces and posing for the camera would last before she gets "too grown up". 

Well I'm off to work--got a late start time this morning, which only means a lot more to do in a shorter period of time.  I'm focusing on being able to get into my scrap room tonight to keep me going today! 

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment