Monday, August 11, 2014

More stitched embellishments!

I am so enamored with already stitched embellishments so of course when I found a couple of packs of these stacked and stitched hearts from American Crafts at Tuesday Morning I had to snatch them right up! I thought they were a perfect addition to this layout.   

I found this Mother's Day card from 2012 in with a stack of other cards I have kept over the years and decided to scrapbook the card even though I have this photo all by itself.  The card has my daughter's scratchy scribbly printing on it (which I love) so I thought I'd scrapbook the card itself.  The photo is in a frame in my living room since it is my all time favorite of my grandies. 


Papers are from Echo Park, Maggie Holmes, and Prima.  The large scalloped pieces are from Bazzill (just wacked them off a partial sheet I had and used the remaining piece to mat the photo card).  The bow tie is from Basic Grey (I added a little punched piece in the center, and punched a few more little hearts from brown cardstock as well.)  Tucked a doily under the matted photo, then added sticker words and ampersand from Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine sticker books.   No paint, no mist, although I did do some outlining.  But it seemed done, so I stopped! 

Spent Sunday with the grandies.  They helped frost -- the bars -- and themselves! The best kind of Sunday afternoon. 

I will be on the lookout for more stitched embellishments (on the cheap of course) that I can incorporate on my layouts until I can get hold of a sewing machine again (soon, not going to seriously consider acquiring one until after we move). 

 have a good day
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment