Wednesday, August 27, 2014

One of my grandson's classes found he and his classmates designing and building an eco car.  This class and others like it in the area, design, build and then race (time trial fashion) their cars at the Road America race track. 

I really wanted all three of these photos on the page... Jacob was the driver and how often do you get to drive on a professional raceway!  (On a side note, he was the only one that actually fit into the car...but still)


I used a piece of blue-gray paper that looked kind of like numbers carved into stone (an old Paper Loft design--even after purging so much paper, I kept several from this company because they work so well on masculine layouts).  I also used a leftover piece of denim printed paper and layered both of these onto a warm gray cardstock.  The title letters are from Creative Imaginations and Lily Bee.  The tire tracks are from Little Yellow Bicycle;  it was a vellum border sticker that I tore in several pieces.  The other pieces like the "reduce speed" and the red dotted square are fussy cut from a Basic Grey patterned paper--umm--it was called Wander I think, a  travel line from several years ago. 

Outlined the page and did the journaling in a white gel pen and then added a series of white dots by the title. the cut outs and then at the lower corner.  I thought of the white dots almost as an embellishment--meant to help lead the eye down and across the page.  And there you have it, very simple, includes multiple photos and it's flat... and you now what?   I'm good with that!   I do really like looking through an album and seeing different types of pages, rather than one set style over and over again. 

Ahhh, Wednesday, we can start counting down to the weekend now. 

Have  a scrappy good day!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment