Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hey!  I'm on a roll...  Another layout...not about Jacob!  Equal time for my other little grandie, Miss Isabella. 

I snapped this photo last summer when her mommy, daddy and uncle were installing their play-gym thing-y.   My daughter got it from a daycare that closed---it's this huge Little Tykes looking thing with stairs and slides.  Gotta give that girl kudos, it took one day to dismantle the thing and haul it home and another whole day to put it back together again.  Anyway, Nana here was watching the kids whilst the three of them were doing the some (lots) of assembly required. 


While I was cleaning out and purging a lots of stuff in my scrap room, I came across some specialty papers I forgot I even had.  One was this red mesh and I knew just the page for it!  So fun to come across something you didn't even know you had---Like getting things brand new!    The red diagonal stripe is from Echo Park's It's a Boy's Life (out of my scrap bin--yeah!), the red mesh type print and the polka dot triangles are from Basic Grey (ummmmm, can't remember the collection name--again from the scrap pile and if anyone is out there is reading this and wants to know I can probably dig up the name).  The yellow check pieces are from Lily Bee (from the scrap pile). 

Added a doily, the yellow Thickers, a couple of punched hearts, red enamel dots, a red button and baker's twine.  Then colored the veneer butterflies with a Distress ink pad (although I may not do that again--left them to dry overnight, uh, but they didn't, wiped them off with a towel to take off excess ink AND still had to use my heat gun on them.  I do like how they turned out though.  Oh, and the flower sticker is A.N.C.I.E.N.T.--might be Cloud 9. 

Have a great scrappy weekend!  I'm off to my room now to play. 

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment