Saturday, September 1, 2012

Well I did say I had gone back and made secondary pages for a bunch of layouts that were store samples and this is one of them.  I also had a bit of repair work to do on the original page as it had gotten a bit woe-be-gone what with being handled so much.  Some of the paper had curled up and quite a few of the gemstones on the flourish  had gone AWOL.    Between the two pages there are 102 of those little buggers now.  Yeah, I am that weird that I had to sit here and count them.  


I dug and dug, but I did not have all the exact papers I had used on the first page, so I had to improvise a bit.  The papers are from Basic Grey's Ambrosia collection and fortunately I did have more of the flourish print.  But I used a distressed gray piece from another of their collections for the background and pieced a couple of the lace strips at the very top and right under the row of photos.  I'm so glad I had the flourish paper, because that really carried the design across the two pages, that and adding the thin little strip of orange at the top of the second page.


The orange, gray and black colors were perfect for a young Mr. Harley, receiving his "leather" riding vest and gloves at his 8th birthday party.  (Note: unwrapping gifts with riding gloves on IS cool, duh.)


Not a lot of other embellishments on these pages beside the cut work involved on the flourishes, the black gemstones, and a bit of a rub-on applied to the photo mat.   The title letters -- those are older Heidi Swapp alphas again -- they were the perfect orange for this.   Zig zag borders were cut from a Sizzix die; this had to be pieced too because the die doesn't cut a 12-inch piece. 

All in all, I am happy with the result, and even happier that the "holes" in Jacob's albums are getting filled in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment