Tuesday, August 28, 2012

While I was cleaning out stuff in my scrap room and organzing little stacks of photos that were just piled about, I came across these photos from football.  And since I just went to our first football game of this season, thought I would put together a football layout. 

These boys go out and play every week, knowing they are going to more than likely get their butts kicked.  It's a small school, so not a lot of players to pick from--- and every week we go and and honestly wish we could fire their coach.  It's just a bad situation, no time spent on basics, like, oh say tackling!  But, we go and cheer for evey measly hard fought first down they get. 

And it really says something about the character of these boys (this boy in particular, not that I am a proud Nana or anything) to go out there week after week.  He wasn't going to play this year, but ended up doing it because of the rest of the guys.  I love this kid. 

I used papers from Authentique, gosh I cannot remember the name of the collection.  But I got them in a big pad at Hobby Lobby.  One of the few times I've bought paper in  pad.  I usually opt for single sheets, cuz typically I would only use some of the pad and would end up with lots that I never used.  But this pad I thought would be perfect for sports pages, the colors go with his school colors and have a nice bit of grunge to the edges and the quality is good too.  Nice heavyweight cardstock, double sided. 


I also used some of Tim Holtz's glassine paper, crinkled them up and stapled it on (using Tim's tiny attacher of course!).  Also grunged up the edges of the photos using Tim's craft scratcher. 



I stacked up some ticket stubs from a huge roll I got years ago from Walmart, cut some tickets like those printed in the corner out of another sheet (you get 4 of each design in the pad), and stuck in a file tab or two, all along one side of the photo on the lead page. 

Journaling is on the tag tucked behind the photos on the second page (and is about the boys playing even though they know they will probably lose the game and the heart that it takes to do this.).  Used a little bit of navy and white baker's twine on the tag, did a little pen work and added a couple of word stickers (old ones from 7 Gypsies).   Letters are from two different sets of Thickers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment