Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wow, two posts in one day... Guess I am not done rambling on about summer days!  Or scrapping out of chronological order! 

The main photo in the layout was originally on a sample page----that I never really liked.  It suited the purpose of a sample page, but it did not speak to me.  This was one of those pages that I took apart and tossed the papers from, LOL!  Went back and found the other two photos and then went to work. 


I had bits and pieces of the Marjolaine collection from Basic Grey, but not a lot of anything.  The colors were good though, so I cut what I had into 2 x 7 and 2 x 5 strips and then pieced them back together, centering them across the two pages.  Inked the outside edges, drew in "stitches," added a washi tape border for my main photo to sit on, and arranged a cluster of embellishments on the lower left edge. 


How little my Jacob-man looks against the expanse of green grass in my yard.  Once again, not scrapping chronologically cuz the grass sure didn't look like that in the drought of this summer (but that could be another topic for a different layout)!!!   Jacob is 16 now--this page did sit on display for a l-o-n-g time, but still.  I really love going back and scrapping old photos, it just brings so many warm and fuzzy memories and isn't that what this hobby is all about? 


Washi tape is from Bella Blvd., the alphas are from Urban Prairie (Basic Grey), Cosmo Cricket, and Thickers.  The embellishments are little bits and pieces; Prima and Webster's Pages journaling spots,  a chipboard sticker and papers fussy cut from Echo Park's This and That collection and stamped words (Hero Arts). 

Go back and look through old photos from summers past to rejuvinze that easy, sunny summer feeling.  I wanted to be reminded of  the cool, sun-dappled shade from my big old tree and how the grass must have tickled those little legs.   There is nothing wrong with reworking a page or a layout that doesn't make you feel anything.  I know I am happier with this!    

No comments:

Post a Comment