Thursday, August 4, 2011

Change is a part of everyday life and while some changes are not necessarily welcomed, there they are. 

Some changes are preciptated  by way of seeking a better existence, some by monetary needs, some by health needs, new life or even death.  And one change does beget others.  I have to believe you make of things what you will.  The trick is knowing what you have the power to do.  Some things are simply out of your control and knowing the difference is key.   We cannot control the behaviour of others, nor can we control the economy, nor the power of the heavens.  We can however control our own behaviour, our own surroundings, our own happieness. 

2011 has been quite the year of change for me thus far.  Those of you who know me, know that I lost my mother in January.  My husband lost his job a couple of weeks after that and started a new job in March. 


And I officially found out that I will be a grandma again!  Wait, I am not done. 

I am sad to say that I also found out on July 11 that the LSS I've worked and taught at for the past six years, Legacy Scrapbooks, is closing at the end of August. The closing sale began on July 12.  With many things on my mind lately, it has been difficult to blog the past couple of weeks.  First, a huge thank you to all of you who I've had the pleasure of having in my classes.  I will miss that personal aspect of teaching.  I've made so many scrapping and paper loving friends.  But I've had to push those feelings aside for the moment, as I find myself scrambling to find another job, any job really.  Right now, its just something I need to pay the bills with.  Nothing more, nothing less.  So, once that is settled, I have some other changes in mind for myself! 

Even though I am saddened about the closing, I am looking forward to spending more time on my own paper arts and being able to share the results of my efforts with you all here on the blog.  I am also looking to continue formula pages in some fashion here on the blog. 

Next, I will now also try to note where you can find the supplies I've used for pages and cards I'm posting. (I have Two Peas in a Bucket, Scrapbook.com and Simon Says Stamp noted in the sidebar now--look for that to be expanded into it's own shopping guide.)

And I will be organizing the uploaded projects into one-page layouts, two-pagers, formula pages, and cards that you can more easily search through. 

For now I've been concentrating on my room reorganization and though I focused in the past strictly on making the room functional, I am now working on making it pretty--for me. 

So I am embracing the changes that are coming in my life.  Really looking forward to another grandbaby! And although I will miss certain aspects of the past, I choose to look to the good.  I am at peace with myself and the person that I am.  I take comfort in all the support my students and friends have provided and am so happy that you have been so pleased with the classes and the fun we have had together.  Thank you all so much for the kind words!  I'll be on the look out for you all at future crops in the area (that I will actually be able to play and scrap with you!!!)   

The page above is of my mother on her wedding day.  Papers and stickers are from Basic Grey, from their Cappella line, flowers are from Prima (plain white flowers, tinted with Tattered Angels Midnight blue, Irridescent Gold and Silver Glimmer Mists), the frame the page is in is from Bella Blvd.--a handmade beauty. 

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment