Wednesday, July 6, 2011

While I was digging around and putting things away I came across these photos of Jacob.  I've had these clipped together for ages (he was FOUR and he's fifteen now!).  Never really found anything and they kept getting stuck back in the pile of photos, they'd reappear every so often and I would look again for papers to be just right.  This time  I thought I am just going to pick something and do it.... not waiting anymore for the papers to speak to me or be perfect.  Like the Nike slogan--just do it!


I wound up with these papers (that I aso loved--just never thought of them for use with these photos before) from Pink Paislee and I really thought I had purchased the accompanying pleated twill ribbons they had at that time.  But I guess not.  (Now just watch, those blasted ribbon things will show up next week... Murphy's Law, right?) 


A.n.y.w.a.y.  Sliced and diced the papers.  Added a couple of die cut flourishes (thank you Sizzix and Tim Holtz), the alphas are really old Colorbok and several Tiny Type alphas from Cosmo Cricket. a slice or two of ribbons (haven't a clue as to where I got them--just dug them out of my ribbon jar).  I traced a die cut paper on the navy print for that piece under the photo.  


ACK!  I need new camera batteries!  Sorry for the crooked pictures, my camera kept shutting itself off.  Gotta replace those batteries. 

Now on to the next little stack of photos!  Just do it!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout. Doesn't it feel good just to get it done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i love layour of children they are just so funny my boys are noe 17 and 22 so it's very hard to get pictures of themm....keep the layouts coming great work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Awesome compostion. Really cute photos:)

    ReplyDelete