Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I've been out of commission with a nasty cold the past several days, but it is winding down now thank goodness.  I turned up this layout in my photos file that I put together when Basic Grey's Life of the party first came out this past winter. 


The colors were perfect for the pictures of my neices playing around with a go-cart out at my Dad's in California.  I'm so happy I held on to these photos until the right paper presented itself.  Like I've said before, I do not scrap chronologically.  I will put the photos together and hold them till I find the paper that seems to exude the feeling I am looking for.  And these papers were perfect---playful and bright, happy and carefree, just like we were feeling that afternoon! 


I also used a Basic Grey chipboard alpha set, but once again it is an older alpha set meant to coordinate with their (even older) Eskimo Kisses line.  Folks in my neck of the woods seem to have a dollar point at which they just won't budge when they are shopping and these alphas never went over really well.  I never understood this (in fact I think these shoppers were pretty foolish) because you got so many letters in the set and the best part is they always coordinated with many of the paper lines Basic Grey put out.  This alpha set went really well with Eskimo Kisses, Marjolaine, Oliver and Olivia, as well as Life of the Party.  Silly people! 


And this is how both pages play out together!  I used an edge distresser on the layering papers and just hand cut the border strips from one of the papers that had various printed strips on it.  The embellishments are Basic Grey too--loved the pinwheels! 

All for now!

4 comments:

  1. these compliment each other so well~great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the angles and odd shapes and all the distressing on your layout! The pinwheels are a super fun touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun lo. love the colors and angles.

    ReplyDelete